Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - No comments

Bentwhistle the Dragon in a Threat from the Past

Rating: 5 Stars
Author: Paul Cude
Version: eBook (review copy)


Summary (Amazon)
Three young dragons in their human guises become caught up in an evil plot to steal a precious commodity, vital to the dragon community. How will the reluctant hero and his friends fare against an enemy of his race from far in the past? 
Fascinating insights into the dragon world are interspersed throughout the book. Ever wondered how dragons travel below ground at almost the speed of sound? Or how they use magical mantras to transform their giant bodies into convincing human shapes? 
In an action packed adventure that features both human and dragon sports, you’ll get a dragon-like perspective on human social issues and insight into what to do if you meet a giant spider grinning at you when you’re wearing nothing but your smile! 
You’d be flamin’ mad to miss it.

Review:

I’ve been extremely busy this past month and no, I don’t mean the lame excuse many people use to avoid doing something. I literally mean BUSY. However, I’ve been filling the little bits of free time I have by reading  “Bentwhistle the Dragon in A Threat from the Past” by author Paul Cude. I must say that I have throughly enjoyed this book. Although, I might be a bit biased due to the fact that I love books about magic, dragons, witches, elves, etc…. but who doesn’t?! 

The plot was very unique in the sense that I’ve never come across a book like this - or at least I can’t recall at the moment. In “Bentwhistle the Dragon in a Threat from the Past”, the roles of dragons are to protect and guide humanity towards a greater good. So, purge your mind of fairy tales depicting man-eating beasts, because in this book, the thought of harming a human is blasphemy. Another concept I found unique was the fact that dragon cites were established far beneath the Earth’s surface, where dragons were able to roam about in their true form. Imagine accentually stumbling into a dragon portal, what would you even do? 

One thing I particularly loved about this book was Mr. Cude’s writing style. He never left anything to question and he gave a vivid description of his characters and their surroundings. Also, I absolutely loved the opening of the book! The story of George and the Dragon kept me wanting to read more, and to be honest I was a little sad to discover that it was only a story within a story. However, after getting to know Peter, Tank, and Richie, I can’t complain. For instance, I loved Richie’s competitive, boss attitude; Tank’s loyalty and protective qualities; as well as how easy it was to emphasize with Peter. 

There were very few downfalls about this book, but one was how hard it was for ME to imagine a dragon doing ordinary activities. One thing in particular was the idea of a dragon (in true form) putting on an overcoat… I just couldn’t do it. There were other instances like this, but like I said, it was my lack of imagination and not the authors fault. 


Overall, I really enjoyed Mr. Cude’s twist on fantasy and I highly, highly recommend giving his book a try. Mr. Cude’s next book in the series is set to be released within the next week and is titled “Bentwhistle The Dragon in A Chilling Revelation”. 

Link to Download: Bentwhistle the Dragon in a Threat from the Past


0 comments :

Post a Comment