Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - No comments

Stacking the Shelves (6):


Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where book bloggers share what we've recently added to our physical and/or virtual shelves! I know. It's been a while and I apologize for my lack of presence. However, I'm back, and I'm here to share what I've collected over the past few weeks!! Don't get too excited though, school's been hectic and I've literally had just about every kind of drama thrown at me that's humanly possible. 

eBooks:

  • None recently, however I highly, highly recommend Girl on a Wire. Not only was it the most recent eBook I read, but it was EXTREMELY good :>!

Physical Books:

1. Dust - Joan Frances Turner: This book was a gift and although I really love the cover design, I'm not looking forward to reading it. The plot doesn't sound too interesting and the GoodReads rating is relatively low. However, I'll surely give it a try sometime the future. 









2. I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson: I was in desperate need of some contemporary fiction, so this was the book I reached for. Not only does it have good reviews, but the plot sounded extremely unique, since the story is told from both twins at different stages of time. I recently finished this book and will have a review up shortly!



3. Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage - Haruki Murakami: I've been wanting this book for AGES! So, while I was browsing at Barnes & Noble, I just so happened to see this book and it's like I literally heard it shout my name. Needless to say, I purchased it and IT WAS AMAZING. Yes, I finished this book as well and the review will be posted just as soon as I figure out how to convey how much I loved this book. 






4. Empty - K. M. Walton: Yep, I'm on a contemporary fix. Once again, I was browsing at Barnes & Noble and happened to run across this book. The cover expressed exactly how I've been feeling recently, so there was no chance in hell that I was putting this book back on the shelf. Needless to say, I finished it within 12 hours of the purchase and the review is scheduled to be posted in the near future. 





5. Just One Day - Gale Forman: Unlike the last few books I've mentioned, I haven't finished reading this one. However, from what I've already read, the reviews I saw, and the amount of recommendations I received, I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to spending more time with this story. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment